Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A CHILD's PRAYER


O Almighty God, 
who hast given unto me my father and mother, 
and made them to be an image of Thine authority, 
and love, and tender watchfulness; 
and hast commanded me to love, and honour, 
and obey them in all things: 
give me grace cheerfully and with my whole heart 
to keep this Thy law. 
Help me to love them fervently, 
to honour them truly, 
to yield a ready obedience to their commands, 
to comply with their wishes, 
to study their happiness in everything, 
and to bear their rebukes with patience and humility. 
Deliver me O God, from pride, 
rebellion and wilfulness, 
from passion and stubbornness, 
from sloth and carelessness. 
Make me diligent in all my duties and studies, 
and patient in all my trials; 
that so living, I may deserve to be Thy child, 
who art our Father in Heaven.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment